A New Year Detox
Want to detox this January?
Following an indulgent Christmas, the New Year is the perfect time to detox your body, especially after overdoing it during the party season!
If you are feeling a little sluggish, it is time to start putting good things in your body, Nature Supplies have the perfect homemade energy booster drink for this.
It is so rich in antioxidants and health boosting properties; it is guaranteed to revive you after the festive period. Their homemade energy booster contains Acai berries, which is a completely natural energy booster!
Acai berries are incredibly high in antioxidants, fibre, and heart-healthy fats, and it has been suggested that it naturally boosts your metabolism, which will give you more energy and can even aid weight loss. It really is a wonder berry, and has many other health benefits, including the ability to lower cholesterol levels and help digestion, by keeping your digestive system clean and functioning well.
It is perhaps the three following health benefits that make this little berry just so appealing, and perfect for a New Year health detox drink:
1. It is incredibly high in vitamin C and ellagic acid, which combined is a brilliant immune booster, perfect for when you require a pick me up or are feeling a little run down.
2. Acai berries have great anti-aging properties due to the sheer amount of antioxidants, which will hide the fact that you have been over doing it during the Christmas period.
3. The aforementioned energy boost that you get from this berry makes it perfect for a morning smoothie recipe. It has been suggested that this berry can lead to an increased overall level of energy and stamina, aiding fatigue and exhaustion, which is exactly what you need if you have been burning the candle and both ends.
This smoothie is so easy to make as well, and is perfect for a morning wake me up drink. All you need is:
* Acai Berries (if the berries are not available, you can take a capsule, instead of including it in the drink. The capsules are available to purchase here.)
* 25g blueberries
* 25g blackberries
* 25g cherries (be sure to remove the stones)
* 1 banana
* 225ml almond milk
* 1 tablespoon flax oil
* 1 teaspoon honey
* Dash of cinnamon
Simply add the above ingredients to a blender and blend and pulse until the mixture is smooth and creamy. You can add more honey to taste, and then simply enjoy this wonderful, healthy, energy boosting smoothie.
Let me know if you tried this smoothie and what you thought!