17 struggles of being flat-chested
Updated: Dec 28, 2019
The amount of love I got and I’m still getting for my article ‘16 benefits of being flat-chested‘ is insane! Although I only want to promote positivity on the blog I thought I would write an opposite article to the one that received so many compliments.
So here’s the struggles of being flat-chested – which to be honest I found a lot harder to find that the benefits!
1. You can’t wear anything you want
Yet I still do. Take this top for example, I was really unsure about buying it as it’s probably not a piece I should wear as it doesn’t suit my chest but I love it and I had to have it. Even if it does make me look like a boy…
2. Spending your teenage years thinking your boobs will finally grow…
23 and still nothing. (:
3. In a similar article on Seventeen I loved this point they made as this is totally true!
“Your mom tries to make you feel better by telling you she didn’t get boobs until she had a baby. Thanks mom. Only A MILLION years to go.”
4. You still get asked for ID
Then the cashier looks absolutely humiliated when they see your date of birth. Cringe.
(But, to be honest I see it more of a compliment when I still get asked for ID so this is probably more of a benefit)
5. You have to make mean and insulting jokes about your unfortunate boob size…
Just so you can beat everyone else to it
6. You spent most of your teenage years wearing extremely padded bras
And now in your twenties you couldn’t care less and proudly declare yourself as leader of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee.
7. But when you do wear padded bras everyone notices that those aren’t your real boobs…
8. The saying “Calm your tits” is completely wasted on you
And just reminds you that you in fact have none.
9. You still worry about having a nip slip
And it’s not just that you worry that everyone will see your boobs but they will see that you have none.
10. You get embarrassed while bra shopping
And you can feel everyone around you judging you for picking up a A or AA bra
11. Trying on tops that don’t fit and people still say ‘Don’t worry, you’ll grow into it!’
12. You have to put up with horrible nicknames
Gnat bites, bee stings…I’ve heard it all
13. All the cute bras don’t come in your size
The amount of times I have seen a bra I want and it starts at a C cup. Ahhhhhh.
14. You think that matching bikini or underwear sets are stupid
Because you aren’t the same size in the top and bottom
15. You never put weight on your chest
It goes everywhere else but there. UGH.
16. You can’t relate to all of those memes about ‘taking your bra off after a long day’
Because firstly you hardly ever wear a bra and secondly, when you do it doesn’t actually feel any different
17. You know guys with boobs (moobs) bigger than you
Now that’s just embarrassing (for you both!)
18. Bra fittings are the worst!
You feel like you are being judged and they just remind you that your boobs have not got any bigger and you are still the same size as you were at 15
What I’m wearing…
Earrings – Forever 21
Top – Zara
Trousers – Primark (An amazing £13 bargain!)
Bag – New Look
Shoes – c/o Just Fab
Photos taken at Four Seasons Resort Jumeirah Beach Dubai